Commercial carpet is specifically designed for use in commercial settings, such as offices, hotels, retail spaces, and healthcare facilities. It is a versatile and durable flooring solution that offers a range of benefits.
First and foremost, commercial carpet provides exceptional durability to withstand the rigors of high-traffic areas. It is engineered to handle heavy foot traffic, making it an ideal choice for spaces where durability is crucial. Commercial carpets are constructed with strong fibers and backings that resist wear, tear, and crushing, ensuring long-lasting performance and maintaining their appearance even in busy environments.
Types of Commercial Carpet
Versatile and convenient, carpet tiles offer ease of installation and design flexibility, allowing for easy replacement of individual tiles, all while offering a seamless appearance.
Also known as wall-to-wall carpet, it provides a luxurious and cohesive look across large spaces, perfect for creating a sophisticated atmosphere.
Offering enhanced stability and durability, double stick carpet installation involves adhering both the carpet and padding to the floor, ensuring a long-lasting and secure foundation.
Nylon Carpet Fibers
Nylon is a synthetic carpet fiber, the number one choice for commercial carpets! Nylon is the strongest (most durable) of all carpet fibers. It is resistant to soiling, staining, abrasion, crush and wear, molding, mildew, and rot.
Polyester Carpet Fibers
Polyester is renowned for its luxurious appearance, sumptuous feel, and extensive range of vibrant, eye-catching colors and styles. It's important to note that polyester carpeting is not as crush-resistant as wool or nylon, making it more prone to wearing down and losing texture in high-traffic areas. While polyester is initially more budget-friendly than other fibers, it may require more frequent replacement in the long run.
Polypropylene or Olefin Carpet Fibers
Olefin, also known as polypropylene, offers commendable stain and moisture resistance. However, in terms of wearability, it falls slightly behind nylon and polyester. Unlike nylon, it lacks resilience and is prone to crushing and texture loss. It is best suited for loop pile construction or high-density cut piles where crushing is not a concern.
Wool Carpet Fibers
Wool carpet fibers are the epitome of timeless elegance and unmatched quality. Renowned for their luxurious feel and exceptional durability, wool carpets are the ultimate choice for those seeking a touch of sophistication in their commercial spaces.
Hardback or Woven Backing
This type of backing provides stability and durability. It is commonly used in heavy-duty commercial settings and offers excellent dimensional stability.
Cushion backing provides added comfort underfoot and can help reduce fatigue in areas where individuals may be standing for extended periods. It also offers sound-absorbing properties, making it suitable for spaces where noise reduction is desired.
Bitumen backing is a popular choice for commercial carpet tiles. It offers enhanced stability and ensures a secure adhesive bond to the subfloor, making it ideal for high-traffic areas.
PVC or Vinyl Backing
PVC or vinyl backing is moisture-resistant and protects against spills and stains. It offers dimensional stability and can be used in areas where moisture or water exposure is a concern, such as entryways or healthcare facilities.
Benefits of Carpet
Regardless of the carpet fiber you choose for your carpet, you can count on the following benefits:
- Durability: Commercial carpet is engineered to withstand heavy foot traffic and the demands of commercial environments, making it highly durable and long-lasting.
- Aesthetics: With a wide range of styles, patterns, and colors available, commercial carpet offers design versatility and can enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of commercial spaces.
- Comfort: Commercial carpet provides a soft and cushioned surface underfoot, offering comfort and reducing fatigue for employees, customers, and visitors.
- Noise Reduction: Commercial carpet acts as a sound absorber, reducing noise levels and improving the acoustics of a space, making it beneficial for busy commercial environments.
- Easy Maintenance: Commercial carpet is designed for easy maintenance, with stain-resistant and soil-resistant properties that make cleaning and upkeep hassle-free.
- Cost-Effective: Commercial carpet offers cost savings compared to other flooring options. It is typically more affordable to install, requires minimal maintenance, and has a long lifespan, resulting in lower lifecycle costs.
- Flexibility: Carpet tiles offer easy installation, replacement, and customization, making them convenient for commercial spaces with evolving design or layout needs.
- Health Benefits: Commercial carpet can help improve indoor air quality by acting like an air filter and trapping allergens and dust particles in its fibers, contributing to a healthier environment for occupants.
Commercial Carpet Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We do floor leveling when necessary as part of our surface preparation. We will discuss the options available to you based on the substrate condition and severity of the situation.
The timeline for your carpet installation will depend on the type of carpet, its availability, the project size, and if the space is occupied. However, after an initial discussion, our team can provide you with an accurate estimate of how long the process will take. We’re known for delivering fast quality at a fair price.